Be easy, take your time.
You are coming home
~ THE BECOMING | WING
We believe that therapy is for everyone; for issues big and small, and everything in between. It is a big step ~ an essential one ~ to invest in your emotional health, a step that takes courage and heart. If you have found yourself here at Little Window's online home, welcome. You have already begun your path towards mental wellness, and this is wonderful.
Counselling and Psychology can sometimes feel clinical and impersonal. We do things differently. Our unique practice encompasses a holistic approach to wellness, acknowledging the interconnectedness of mental, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual parts of the self.
The Little Window approach
We provide counselling to adults, couples, adolescents, children and families. Therapy at Little Window is for people of all ages, genders and gender expressions, sexualities, and cultural backgrounds.
Our Psychologists and Therapists will provide you with exceptional care, support and a holistic approach to therapy which is grounded in evidence-based interventions.
We offer therapeutic modalities that help to soothe the mind and body, using relational and safety focused interventions that include creative, sensory, practical, non-verbal, body and brain based therapies to regulate the nervous system.
We know from neuroscience that often when people attend counselling for the first time, their brains go into fight/flight or freeze mode. Our intentional approach to therapy with our clients, from the physical space you sit in, to how our practitioners connect with you, aims to interrupt this protective nervous system response, so that you can engage in therapy more effectively. When you feel a sense of safety in the process, you can achieve a more sustainable and meaningful counselling outcome.
At Little Window we seek to:
- Treat the whole person rather than focus on diagnosis
- Provide a welcoming and nourishing sanctuary for people to work towards wellness, and
- Create meaningful and purposeful therapeutic relationships
Little Window's team of highly skilled and experienced Brisbane psychologists/therapists work with areas relating to:
- Grief and loss
- Abuse (sexual, emotional, physical and neglect)
- Relationships and relational wellness
- Self-esteem, identity, and personal development
- Life transitions
- Eating issues
- Brain injury and rehabilitation
- Sexual health, sexuality and gender identity affirmation
- Pregnancy, parenting and attachment
- Post-natal mental health
- Emotional, social & behavioural concerns in children
- ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Sensory difficulties and disorders
- Early psychosis
- Family separation
- Childhood issues
- Spiritual related health and wellness
MEET OUR TEAM
We would love to hear from you and would be honoured to support you in your journey to wellness.